Chem Lab Quest for Knowledge
Your success in the lab depends on your knowledge of chemicals and how they react.
Complete the following quest to build your knowledge.
Each question includes a link to an Internet resource which can help you find the information you need.
A printed copy of this "Quest" complete with your answers will be required as part of the Student Performance Evaluation showing what you have learned.
Quest part 1: Basic Facts
Quest part 2: Chemical Reactions
Quest part 3: Periodic Table of Elements
- What is a chemical reaction?
- How is a chemical reaction different from a physical change?
- What is a reactant? a product?
- How do the elements in reactants compare to elements in products after a reaction has occurred?
- How many elements are shown on the periodic table?
- List the first 18 elements found in the Periodic Table and by name and symbol.
- Name of element ........... Symbol of element
- Why are some symbols NOT the first letter or first letter and a second letter of an element's name?
- What properties of elements can you learn from the periodic table?
- How do the properties of elements relate to the arrangement of the periodic table?