Create a company name, logo and slogan. (This is for positive public relations. The companies are public owned stocks; the more stocks they sell, the more money they have available to grow.)
Research your technology. Go to resources to get started.
Present to the city council:
* how your energy technology works
* merits (what is good about your type of energy?/why should the council choose you?)
* current examples of your technology/how much power is produced
* where the power plant should be built
* economics (how much to build and operate/how much to charge customers)
* impact on the environment (air, water, land, etc.)
* impact on the community (economic/homes lost through eminent domain/jobs lost/gained)
Be prepared to discuss shortcomings of your competitor's energy technology. Also, be prepared to provide a rebuttal to any of their attacks on your energy technology!
Ask questions and get answers at SCORE Ask A Scientist
NOTICE: Some representatives from the local community will take a "no growth" approach. They will attack all of the proposals and argue why a new power plant is NOT needed. They will also represent all of the potentially displaced people.
Back to SCORE Science