(Valles Marineris compared to the US. The red square is SAM)
Work with one or two other student
geologists so you can share the work and function as a team. Your goal is use the
resources to "study up" about landslides on the earth and then, using photos,
identify them on the surface of Mars. You need to fulfill the needs of the Settlement
Association of Mars by identifying these features.
Here is an outline to get
- Go to the Settlement Association of
Mars page and find out exactly what the S.A.M. wants.
- Go to the Team Page and get yourselves organized.
- Go to Resources and study the provided tutorials on geologic processes.
- Examine the earth photos to become familiar with various geologic
features of landslides.
- When your ready, go to the Surface of Mars page to view the
- Examine Mars photos closely and identify the landslides and construct
simple Township/Range maps to map your finds.
- Go to Test Yourself to see how you did.
- Go to Planetary Geologist Rating to see how you rate.
- If you have specific "intelligent" questions use "Ask a Geologist" to
- Create a geologic journal (paper or electronic) to record ALL your