These are the links
used on the student Research
Atoms Family: from Miami
Museum of Science
- The Phantom's Portrait Parlor Phases of
- This page provides links to activities
related to the principles of atoms and matter
- In the following activity students choose
an element and then click on different parts of a thermometer.
They observe how the element changes phases at different
temperatures in the element chamber.
- This site offers excellent explanations and
links for chemistry that are geared to middle and upper
elementary. The following links are all from this site
- This link describes the basic properties of
- There are four STATES of matter. SOLIDS,
LIQUIDS, GASES, and PLASMAS. Each of these states is also known as
- The following links describe the properties
of each state/phase of matter.
Structure of Matter
Organization of Elements
- This link is an abbreviated look at the
Periodic Table of the Elements. It gives the background and basic
information for the first 18 elements on the Periodic
- Although the link in this unit is a
modified page to include only those scientists who have expertise
in the field of Chemistry, the Ask A Scientist page is a
feature of the SCORE Science Site.
- Back to Teacher's