Your sign making company, Pine Tree Graphics, has been asked to design signs or booklets for the nature study area at your school.
The signs and booklets will help the visitors to the area learn about the plants and animals that live in the area. You will be ratedaccording to how well you do your design, and how well you show the scientific information required. Do your best work!
The visitors will want to know...
what plants and animals can be found here what they look like how they get their food where they live how they survive the warm dry summers
and the cold winters.
Before you start...
- Take a walk in the woods. If there are no woods near you, use a park, creek or river bank or any other place where things live in the wild.
- Look for the trees, plants, animals, and birds that live there.
It's time to learn...
- Choose a tree, plant, bird or mammal that lives in the woods around you.
- Look at the Internet links, a book or encyclopedia to find out about the plant or animal.
- Find out about your plant or animal...
- What does it look like.
- How does it get its food?
- Where does it live?
- How does it survive in the summer?
- How does it survive in the winter?
Design your sign...
|1. The Task||2. Working With a Team|
|3. Resources||4. Show Your Stuff|
|5. How'd You Do?||6. For the Teacher (Standards)|